Friday, 6 February 2015

071 - La Fiesta Friend

Wearing: Everything vintage, Assorted rings from Inspired Tribe & MACDesigns

Today's topic of discussion: tattoos. More precisely, my latest additions. It came to my awareness that I hadn't posted or even mentioned these tattoos on my blog! My serpent tattoo that I got almost five months ago, and my more even recent Taurus constellation, which I got a little over a month ago.
My serpent was done by the incredibly talented Ben Lopez, of Alchemy Tattoo Studio in Melbourne. I have a rule with myself that I have to love a design or concept for over 12 months to even consider getting it done (I frequently break this rule but ssshh!) So towards the end of 2014 I began to ponder on what would be my next 'big' tattoo - and what sprung to mind was a serpent, but where and what was it to look like, and more importantly who would do it for me? I let it stew at the back of my mind for months, and while I was in India last year (wtf where has that time gone) snake motifs were popping out at me from everywhere and through one of my random moments of internet access I stumbled upon Ben Lopez. Maybe this was the universe's sign for me to just go for it?
Fast forward 10 months and both my boyfriend and I travelled interstate to see Ben because we we re (and still are) both crazily obsessed with his technique and style. And through Ben's wonderfully weird imagination and a few inspiration photos from me, he created the amazing beauty that's now on my bingo-wing!
And my most very recent addition to my ever-growing collection is my Taurus constellation. It was a spontaneous tattoo as the tattooist that I was keen on seeing, was having a walk-ins day (he's usually booked weeks in advance) and I convinced my mum to get her first ever tattoo done too! I was inspired by a Wild Unknown design, and had Jimmy Memento, of LDF Tattoo in Sydney, draw up a version that combined the original and also a photo of the real-deal constellation. And voila! It ended up smack bam on my other bingo wing. One word of advice, those sensitive flabby bits of your arms are not the most comfortable places to be tattooed... I much preferred getting my back done!

I hope you guys enjoyed something a little different!

2 comments:

  1. i love love love this outfit!! you look amazing, and i adore your tattoos. so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so perfect! your tattoos are beautiful, especially that constellation <3

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it!