Tuesday, 1 July 2014

062 - Lost Decree

Wearing: Vintage dress & cardigan, Arizona Birkenstocks, Bag from India, Assorted jewellery from India/Eastern Soul/Inspired Tribe

I feel that taking photos in front of this building kind of forces me to step back and just re-evaluate an outfit. Don't get me wrong, I love going fucking insane in my wardrobe and pairing whatever the hell I want with something as equally extravagant and coming up with mind blowing outfits that are just outta this world. But then there are days when I want to wear just... well, this. I suppose we could agree that this is maybe more of an accurate representation of how I look at least 60% of the time. Not to say that my previous outfits are not me, just that when I'm busy, or just needing to be comfortable, or simply not giving a fuck, this is something a little more easy. This entire outfit holds many elements that I've been too scared to post on my blog, mostly because I was unsure of how they were going to be received by you guys - but also because the conceited side of my personality kept thinking "this just isn't very pretty."
I became afraid that maybe my Birkenstocks made me look a little club-footed, that my legs lost their length because of a flat shoe; that my hairstyle lacked volume and texture, and made my head look too round; that maybe you would all notice the winter weight that's been attaching itself to my torso like a stack of tyres. But you know what? I'm only human. I'm pretty fucking ordinary, and I just have to stop caring. Because while this outfit may not exude 'pretty', it exudes comfort and ease. And let's be real here, platform boots can get pretty fucking uncomfortable. (Not to mention when I have to walk 15 minutes up-hill to get anywhere, or when I'm sick as a dog with the wretched winter flu - my Birkenstocks seem like the obvious choice.)
I think over the next few months I'm going to bring some of my outfits back to basic, sure I'm still going to be creating and shooting some magnificent outfits (a couple of collaborations thrown in for the mix) that will look crazy good, but I also want you guys to see the more toned-down, relaxed version of myself. What do you reckon? Sound like a good plan? Drop a comment and let me know!

8 comments:

  1. This outfit is extremely pretty, don't be silly! I'd love to see more relaxed outfits from you, it's nice to see how your personal style translates onto day-to-day wear. I'm so jealous of your cardigan too, I've been hunting for a similar one everywhere but had no luck so far. xx
    Evie / Sun & Silver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks evie! and i got so very lucky find my 'yeti' cardigan, it's become my absolute favourite!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit! how comfy are birks? I basically live in mine! xx

    yecrad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my birks are heaven! i can't seem to take mine off, ever! thanks darcey xxx

      Delete
  3. You took the words right out of my head!!! I'm always afraid my more toned down outfits will bore people, but I've stopped caring. Those "boring" outfits are still me, and if I wanna be comfortable, then I damn well will be comfortable! Even your comfy outfits are stunning Tay, I love the laid back vibe of this one. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you get what i mean kenz! like i still love my funky outfits, but not everyday can i be fucked looking that cool or nice, ya know?! love ya! xxxx

      Delete
  4. I think you look beautiful. As a "fashion" blogger, I struggle with even putting photos of myself and my outfits up online b/c I don't like the way I look in photos at all. I take them myself, and it's really awkward. I'm always looking at my flaws, trying to get a "good angle", analyzing how much weight I need to lose, etc. I think you're very courageous to write this post. (I also feel pressure to come up with looks that are "blog-worthy" when most of the time I'm in cutoff jeans, a black T, and Birkenstocks or docs myself ;) I often look at other bloggers and feel like they're models, I mean, they have amazing shots, they must have someone following them with a camera 24/7 right? ;) I really appreciate your honesty in your blog and would love to see more of that! You're a beautiful soul and it really comes through :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i feel that i've become so much more vain and critical to my appearance since i've started blogging. i've become obsessed with making sure things are perfect (including my face, which is impossible because how does one define perfection?!) and then feel bad because I don't look how all the "pretty and "popular" bloggers do. your comments are so inspiring and engaging, you've helped me figure out what to talk about in an upcoming outfit post! thank you so much xxxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it!