Sunday, 19 January 2014

052 - Walking Whispers

Wearing: Vintage sequined elephant vest, Tree of Life maxi slip, Ecote sandals, Assorted jewellery

Last night I celebrated, along with my extended family, my Grandma's 70th birthday. It was a tame affair, bit of dinner, bit of drinking and a good chat with a whole load of seniors (thrown in with the occasional "I remember seeing you this high.")
My Grandma turning 70 has put a lot of perspective on me these last few days. It has made me question if I'm living my life to it's absolute potential, and to be honest I don't think I am. I play it safe, taking the easy way out - in fear of having to do something that could possibly jeopardise what I already have. But what do I achieve by doing this? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

13 comments:

  1. ah love this outfit. the simple dress looks fab amped up with the gypsy-eque accessories!
    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are going to India in a week bby. That month we will live life to the fullest! You look gorg, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful girl <3 I have a waistcoat that looks like it might be your waistcoat's long lost sister! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! please do a post wearing your waistcoat! i'd love to see how you style it!! xxx

      Delete
  4. so freaking beautiful! how can one girl be so perfect?!

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are AMAZING! thank you so much! xxxxxx

      Delete
  5. I have been feeling this way myself lately. It is so easy to get caught up and put things you love on the back burner because you feel like there are "more important" things to do. It is great when life gives us those little reality checks! And you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a waistcoat like thiss but i can never work out how to wear it without looking like i work in a circus, made a note of this though it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looove the styling of this outfit! And I love the vest! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it!