Sunday, 5 January 2014

051 - Rattle Your Bones

Wearing: Stussy tank top, Thrifted skirt & boots, Lovestrength concho belt, Caitlan's vintage headpiece, Assorted jewellery

The festive season, and in particular New Years is always a strange, and emotionally heightened time of year for me. I go into a withdrawn type of trance, reflecting upon certain points from the year just gone. 2013 held a lot of promise. It would be the year that I'd turn eighteen. The year that I would begin attending university. The year that I would get my first tattoos. The year that I would fall deeply in love. The year that I would properly start blogging. And the year that I'd begin to explore the world. While I am so proud of myself for achieving these things, I wish someone told me that 2013 would go by in a blur of stress, disappointment and that I would gradually become disenchanted with society.
The negativity, and 'bad vibes' of 2013 (and 2011, and 2012) are hopefully on their way out - as I'm not too sure if I am mentally capable of enduring yet another year of loneliness, unhappiness and helplessness. Even though I absolutely despise the thought of resolutions (because aren't I fine the way I am?) I recognise a palpable need for change in my life. And I'm going to do something about it.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! This is beautiful, Love your sense of style ♥

    Amy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a goddess <3 2013 was quite stressful and saddening at times for me as well, but 2014 is looking bright. I hope you are happy this year lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kenzie! and thank you for the extra boost in positivity xxxx

      Delete
  3. such a perfect goddess, love your jewelry ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the positivity in this post, 2013 and its negativity is done :)

    fashiontaxidermy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank eff 2013 is done!! Bring on a year of happiness, laughter and travel!

      Delete
  5. This look right here <3 that skirt gosh it is gorgeous

    http://sarahlikesfashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it!