Friday, 6 September 2013

036 - Can't Beat the Cow Print

Wearing: Everything thrifted/vintage except for jewellery

I really love this outfit, partly because it's so comfortable, mostly because it's completely secondhand. It makes me feel a little bit better in my attempts at not contributing to the detrimental effects of fast fashion and the pollution/landfill problems it's causing around the world. Not to mention the fact that my money is going to either charities or savvy women-owned businesses not to the unjust labour occurring in sweat shops right through Asia.
On a lighter, nicer, happier note, last Sunday I bought my ticket to India! I leave on the 27th of January and come back on the 25th of February. So nearly an entire month!! I'm going with my boyfriend, my wifey Caitlan and Blake - and I'm fucking stoked/ecstatic/nervous/excited and a bajillion other adjectives. So definitely expect many more India travel plan posts in the future. If anyone has some tips or some good travel advice websites, I'd really appreciate you sending them through! 

12 comments:

  1. This outfit really does wonder on you, accentuating the waist and the little vest with a pop of color is great! I also love the fact it's totally from second hand, makes it even more special. Besides that - India sounds so interesting! A friend of mine went there and pretty much the only tip she said (and which is EXTREMELY important) is that find a local someone to guide you!! The thing is that people there really rip off foreigners but when you are with a local, you get everything with the price it really is and you are safe from all the dangers there :) So that's my tip for you!

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're very sweet <3

      Delete
  2. perfect!! Adore your blog!
    I always find my favourites pieces and outfits come from thrifted finds <3 So jealous of your trip! hope you have an amazing time there!


    http://thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! and yes, nothing beats the thrill of an amazing second-hand find!

      xxxx

      Delete
  3. I love your dress, and your jacket and your rings! I'm trying to shop mostly second hand too, it's so much moer sustainable / ethical and you can find so many unique pieces. I'm so jealous of your india trip! xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely look!xoxo

    p.s 1 DAY LEFT ! ! ! Hurry up! Do not miss Style Limelight's GIVEAWAY to win an $150 NASTY GAL e-giftcard

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such beautiful outfits! I especially love the printed dress.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. India sounds amazing, can't wait to see all the photos when you get back xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of photo diaries will definitely be posted! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it!