Thursday, 20 June 2013

025 - The Air Went Out

 Wearing: BAD VIBES Howl Grommet Leggings, Thrifted boots and kimono, American Apparel crop top, Assorted jewellery and MAC Media lipstick.

Guess what guys? I've finally finished all of my university exams, and I now have five weeks of holidays! So expect more posts and maybe a video or two.
On to real stuff now, is it just me or does everyone else get their blog post titles from song lyrics? It's rather interesting how song lyrics can relate to a blog post. My lyric choice of the day is from the song Bad Things by Jace Everett, you will probably recognise it as the True Blood opening credits. Which is rather convenient and coincidental as True Blood season six aired this week - the episode was quite good if you wanted to know - and I'm finally wearing my Bad Vibes leggings on my blog! (Bad Things? Bad Vibes? BAD?! Do you see where I am going with this?)
My lovely little wife, Caitlan, bought them for my birthday and they didn't arrive till the beginning of June, and I have been dying to style them and put them on my blog ever since. Bad Vibes is the house brand of Tunnel Vision, an online vintage store run by two of my favourite bloggers, Madeline and Brit. I'd been obsessing over the grommet line and I was ecstatic when Caitlan told me she was buying them for me.
I got them in a size large, and they fit pretty near perfectly. The velvet is incredibly soft and luxurious, and the lace up/grommet bit is fantastic and so rare to see these days! They photographed fabulously and helped stave off the chilly weather and keep me warm. Unfortunately, however, I've had a few qualms with them. And I don't think the issues are a manufacturing or design problem, simply that my body is a little on the curvy side and clothes are rarely made to tailor fit certain body shapes.
1st issue: They sit about 10cm above my ankle meaning I have to wear either longer boots to compensate or I have to deal with some awkward ankle cleavage. 2nd issue: There is quite a lot of room and stretch in the crotch area which means it has a tendency to sag and look frumpy. 3rd issue: A bit of material inside the waistband which holds the tag always flips out when I wear them. So in a couple of weeks I will be taking them to my local alterations man and having them taken in at the hips and turned into shorts.
All in all, I think these leggings are brilliant/fantastic/amazing and I wholeheartedly support Madeline and Brit and their creations, however I would suggest to be extra mindful in checking the measurements to make sure they will fit you absolutely perfectly.

6 comments:

  1. YOU ARE MY WIFE AND MY ONE TRUE LOVE

    THIS OUTFIT IS AMAZE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE AMAZING, MY WONDERFULLY SKILLED PHOTOGRAPHER SPOUSE!

      Delete
  2. YOU ARE SUCH A BABE! every time you, caitlan, or ulrikke wear an outfit, i want to copy it exactly and just repeat it everyday, so when you have thrifted pieces, i secretly go 'arggggggg darn' because then it's just all that harder for me. first world problems. ya look perfect and this reminds me that i have a really similar top to that that i DIY'd! must wear it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY ARE YOU SO NICE AND BEAUTIFUL AND THANK YOU!!!! Ahaha thrifted clothing: the blessing and bane of our existence! And yes yes wear your version of this top and post a picture of it because I wanna see how you style it!! ❤ ❤ ❤

      Delete
  3. Where did you get your jewelry from?? I love all your rings! the look you put together is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My rings are from a local store called Inspired Tribe, and my necklaces are base metal Rajasthani pieces picked up from an antique store and markets xxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it!